Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Twilight

(to HER and a night I can still taste)
 
When the stars come out to watch the daylight die, that's the time I feel most alive, but when last night slowly creeps into tomorrow morning or when the day is confused and falls to night. The soft, diffused light from the sky when the sun is below the horizon, either from daybreak to sunrise or from sunset to nightfall, that's when my thoughts all run to you .. and that night.
That one night has left me shipwrecked on an island of wanting more. For those few hours spent in twilight; Your skin against mine, your lips, my hands, our souls entwined stuck in a mutual bliss.
No one else in the world mattered,
Just you, me, and the night stuck in twilight.
I almost can't wait to look into your eyes once more, but our meetings are to few with mountains of time filling the holes of wanting you. I close my eyes and just sit here waiting for tonight to be tomorrow, so tomorrow can know what it is to be today ..
and then maybe.
Just maybe.
Today will be that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment