Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Forgotten, Forget, FORGETTING, forgot..

I have built a house inside of me
A house built to put moments in
A house for memories
A house for pieces of love
A house for you
A house for us
A house for tears
And a house for the forgotten ones

It started out in the far end corners of my heart
A spot, turned into a pocket
A pocket, stretched out into a box
A box rebuilt into what it is now
Slowly molding its corners into a home
This evolving space has kept secrets, kept love, kept me..
Kept you, safe from time, from the forgetting, and the forgot


Out of sight, out of mind
Until the emptiness creeps in
Until the loneliness takes over
And at that moment, I realize, my heart still has a little break in it
I close my eyes, and go back to this house I have built inside of me
A house built to put moments in
A house for memories
A house for love

And one by one
I pull out reasons to smile
Reasons to laugh
I find love, passed down, and remembered
I find hidden strengths, and courage


Inside, and under, all of these forgotten moments
I remembered who I am, who I was

I am a strong woman
And sometimes I forget that I, too, am beautiful

.. and I smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment