Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Thank You For Leaving Me

Thousands of people walking around downtown for Pride, and you were the one person my eyes found.. I can't help but to smile inside. That's how we met. A crowded bar, and as soon as I walked in I spotted your smile across the room and knew you had to be mine. I think back then I was afraid to love. It scared me. I've always been the type to like things that were concrete; like the ocean, something you could point to and know it was there . I think that's why I have ALWAYS struggled with love. You can't touch it. You can't hold on to it. You can't make sure it never changes.. I haven't felt your touch in years, and haven't heard your voice in months, but you will always be apart of my heart and soul. I guess I really did love you. Telling you I didn't was a selfish effort to save myself from heartache and pain. It was a cycle of me hurting you because you hurt me, and the final cut were 4 words I wish I never would have said.. .."I never loved you".. I know I more than loved you. I was in love with you, and you leaving me broke every part of my heart to pieces. Up until this last weekend I wondered if face to face.. would I be able to walk away? Yes, I walked away. No it wasn't easy. I'm sure I will always look for you in a crowd of people, and will always smile when our eyes meet, but I'm not sorry its over. I'm not sorry we met. I'm not sorry you left! Without you leaving I would have never found the amazing woman I am with today! She is my perfect match in every way. I am more happy now than I have EVER been.. so thank you for leaving me, it has been the most painful yet most rewarding gift anyone has ever given. Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment